Monday, September 28, 2009

Mayonnaise and bath robes

Hello everyone ...!

I know, i havent updated my blog for ages, but it was just because nothing really happened last week. But the weekend was great fun, so I finally have something to write about.

friday:
- took me about an hour in Hasselt to find my bank (but at least my "savings" are just used in ethical and ecological good projects, so I dont mind walking around for an hour haha - well, but now I know where it is)
- then I went to Herentals, a small town not far from mine. It was soo cool, visiting some friends, learned some words in turkish (Bir, iki, oeç or something :-D, it means one, two, three, and "Evet" (yes) and "hayir" (no)). It was really a nice time, I hate the best pasta and salad in "mediterranean style". Ah, yes, and I watched the movie "requiem for a dream". Mh. Kinda... different. If u know what I mean.

Saturday:
- Partytime in Heusden-Zolder. No, really. Even though i was a little worried at first because until 11 nobody showed up. nobody-nobody. Not even the nerds.
Okay, so the party was heaps fun, got to know many people and finally DANCED.
- I had a real culture shock, when some people, no, like the mayority (even the girls) where dressed like hell: bathrobes, beards, fake glasses, fake hair... horrible. They were from a youthmovement, which means there are in a group which has obviously such a great identification that they go like this on a party. Amazing.
- Funniest joke I heard: Ben aka the funniest and best person I have ever met haha: "Ay, are u german?" - Me: Yes..? "Didnt you loose something?" - Me: Aehhm... No. "The war?? "
Ahh I love it if people are not so stiff about the german history.
- Party ended at 4.00 and afterwards we went to a neighbour of mine (so random!) to talk, listen to some music, ... yeah, it was fun. Thanks Amanda to come with!!!

Quotation of Fons:"didnt I hear something at 6?"

Sunday:
- Arko and me watched Dirty Dancing for the third time and ate pasta. Yummie, perfect.

Today I will go to the art academie and on thurday I will go to Brussels to a colloquium. So, yes, my work is also fine. Except my language course. But well. Mum: "You cannot have everything." yes, true. But believe me, without skipping I would go crazy :-)

So... nice groetjes from Belgi˨(sorry I ca&nnot handle these dots over the e)

Okay, in the end some things I like or dislike about belgium:

a big credit for:
+ go pass!!! you can ride 10 times through allover vlaanderen for 50 euro!! Yeah!
+ everyone is so kind and helpful and almost everyone can speak english
+ if it is forbidden to smoke on a party, nobody cares. :-D

a minus for:
- rondpunte!! i hate roundabouts, in the bus its very uncomfortable and on the fiets just damn scary :-D believe me, they have ridicously many of them :-D
- bathrobes on a party even though it was pretty funny. Sorry guys, but you gave me a culture shock :-D
- everytime the belgian say: its just about 200 metres, it takes me a loong time to get there.. Personally, I dont think its me... :-D
- the belgian eat everything with mayonnaise!!! I saw a women in a cafe dipping her cheese in mayonnaise and it is also common to put mayonnaise on the salad as a dressing. It might taste good, but I am getting fat!! :-D

okay meine lieben mensen...
Salut!

And xoxo to Amanda, Pixie, Hasan, Bram, BEN!!!!!!, Yosan, Fons, Arko and Marie-Rose. And of course, my :bro:

No comments:

Post a Comment