Friday, September 11, 2009

het weekend begint op vrijdag!

hello everyone,

i am back for good now :-) no kidding, it was a really nice day today.
Yesterday was the first day of work in the gemeentehuis, which I basically spend on facebook :-) no, serious now: it was a good day, got to know everyone and did some things that had to be done. As I said: no internet on the on-arrival training [which is actually positive I guess].

Today I had a life like "een prinsess": I saw "Heusden-Zolder in one day", which means a very good trip through H-Z, the centers for elderly and youngsters, for pupils... furthermore I´ve seen the old mining buildings [which document the old mining history and are basically the reason why this community is very multicultural, or better to say: there are many inhabitans from turkish, italian, polish... origin. You can ride with your bike [ohh bike riding: one second!] to "little turkey". This expression is not supposed to be insulting.]

So, I got to work with my bike. After I got lost yesterday [I´ve seen a lot of Heusden-Zolder at least] I was more careful this time. But the belgian seems to love roundabouts [Kreisverkehr]. Have you ever used a roundabout with a bike? Hell, I swear, that scared me to death!
I am sure everyone recognizes me as a foreigner just as he watched me rijden met mijn fiets. :-D

Also today I noticed that the belgian seems to like english gardens. Its nice to watch these eagerly planned gardens. Like in the Auenland. [Marco that was for you!xx]

Later this day we will eat some typical french fries, which are actually frenchd fries, which means that they are cut in a specific way [and, this is to the belgian proud: they were invented in Belgium, not at the frenchies. Haha.]. Mhhh I love them. But these dinner-lunch thing is the reason why I am always hungry over here. Dammit :-) [Mommy, miss you ;-)]

But today I`ve eaten like the best salad ever. And the first time since I´ve been to OZ, I´ve eaten these dragon fruits - yeah! There are so smakelijk. Haha yes guys, I am learning.

I really feel like going out tonight, see my latvian heart, taste some jupiler or, better, Palm. [Almost Veltins, meine lieben Sauerländer...] By the way, since we´re talking about drinks: everyone tries the drink-yoghurt with framboos [ähhm himbeere, ähm...raspberry]! Its great.

Okay everyone, I can smell dinner [mhh]...

Greetings to Dresi, Marco, Hannah und Saskia. I miss time out, lads :-)
Thanks again for the guiding through H-Z. I really enjoyed the day!

xoxo to Amanda, Pixie, Arko, Mommy, Papa, Mirimaus - hey morgen ist Geburtstag! und Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment