Thursday, September 10, 2009

introduccion

Hello everyone... first I think I have to introduce myself: I am sara from Germany; or better Duitsland and I am doing my EVS in Belgium in Heusden-Zolder. Means, I will spend hyalf a year here in vlaanderen to work here, learn flemish and get to know the belgian culture and, on top of that, kinda "live" or better experience the idea of europe.

So, basically, that is me and why I an here. I arrived on vrijdag, 4th of september in Heusden-Zolder [sounds like Choesden-Zolderrr ;-)]. I got to know my lovely hostfamily and my mentor Veronique. First impression: Belgium is the place to be!

Then I got on the train straight to the coast, where my on-arrival-training took place. I got to know amanda, "my latvian heart", on the train. the ride was okay, lot of talk. Then the messy part of our journey began: where is the accomodation?? basically not at the point which is shown on the map. :-D After about half an hour we finally found "Isara", an old and cosy and home-of-spiders house.

The cool thing: People from all over the world. Nice teamers. The bad thing: strange food combinations and five bathrooms for 35 people. But well, adventure training is never too bad.

All in all the on-arrival-training was GREAT, big letters needed. Made a lot of friends, felt the "international spirit". Thanks guys, was a cool weekend. Things I've learned: Don't give a latvian girl 7 cups of coffee, the belgians are not used to lock doors, the food combinations are still strange (meatballs with hot cherries) and Belgium is still the place to be :-D

...I will continue this blog later, but here a little flemish lession:

ik ben sara - bet u can guess what i means haha
cadeux - present, gift
bloem - flower
konfituur - jam
alstublieft - please
dank u - thank you

... Salut everyone, tot ziens!

xoxo to Amanda "my latvian heart", Pixie "hey beautiful", Hasan xo, Onur, kisses: Mommy, Papa, Miri (nie pleuje!), my :bro:, marie-rose, fons - my privat teacher, and of course arko, het goede jonge :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment