Thursday, October 8, 2009

Worry-last-minute

Hello everyone...

So sorry that I didnt manage to keep this blog update. But thats a good thing I think because it means that I dont suffer boredom here :-) No, seriously... So glad that I have most of the time much work. Full agenda is what I like most :-)

I think I start with last thursday which spent in Brussels.

There was a Colloquium about Fairtrade, so exactly my main task at work.
When I stepped out of the station in Brussel-Noord I was in the dodgiest and dirtiest part of Brussels I think.
Waaw I was scared to get shot cause of my white jacket :-D No, seriously, I was glad as I found the way out. (it is not that i haven't had a plan from google maps... It's just - I cannot read them properly I guess). I went in the totally wrong direction but I finally managed it to got the HUUUUGE (and I mean HUGE) building in which the colloquium set place in. I imagine Hilton Hotel like that.
But it just fit to the people who where there: business, buisness, buisness. Like London. I felt so important :-D
The colloquium was very interesting, inspirating. I learned that Fairtrade has actually - as every other thing on this world - a high current market value. A future-thing which is just coming up and the smartest firms and companies are buying/selling fairtrade. (I would like to make an exception on "smart" for starbucks: they are in my opinion just profiteurs. But well, its a good thing in this case.)
By the way, the key-speaker (professor in globalisation, sustainabilty and financies, graduated on cambridge) was one of the 35 biggest buissness women in the world. and she was soo VOGUE. Amazing.

Belgium is so small, it makes me feel secure:

I met some people on the colloquium with which I went in a bar with afterwards. I called also another EVSer, Petar, and he brought another girl. Oh, it was a nice evening... Just a little bit too long. Okay, lets say it honestly: It was nice and I took the latest train back home, together with Kristof, and I was stuck in Hasselt. (Thank you again, Marie-Rose tha you came to pick me up!!!! That was soooo nice. Yes, Fons, and the next time I will walk :-D)

(Even though I had to call Fons haha) But at no time I was scared, probably because Belgium is so small and just in CASE you got lost or anything: ring someone whos living near that place. Amazing.
I never felt so secure as in this country and I do understand (as a GERMAN) now worry-less Dorien (best friend from Australia) when he says: Dont worry until its the time for it.
Worry-last-minute; so-to-say.
And it works, because it doesnt vanish your problems but instead you have more time to enjoy life without them. (Its probably every australians attitude because they also feel so secure in europe, britains backyard, because there is everytime a plane you can take... Haha The size of OZ and EU is almost same, ay??)

By the way, my best friend saskia is now in Australia. I am jealous :-D But I am still saving my money for May 2010. (By the way, what are you saying, if its 2010: Oh-10? 10?)

Oh yes, I havent really talked about the weekend yet... It was nice; even though its the reason why I feel a little sick now. But well, probably worth it. No, Fons, it was 5 's morgens, not 6 :-D
No, really, nice friday. Amanda and me can proudly proclaim that we were in a poker club (and it was soo boring :-D) but we met this amazing girl from chicago. "Reeeeeally, beliiiiieve me, between 19 and 25 is the beeeest time of your life and you need to enjoooooy every second of it!!!" She said she was tired but I swear she was on drugs. :-D

Saturday I spend with chasing cars, german music and a little bit of rain....

The week:

Strange. Felt homesick for the first time, out of balance, everytime close the tears. ME?!
I dont understand either. Mh. Its probably because its really hard to make belgian friends here, because I am neither in school nor in university - where the most people in my age are.
But well, this is kind of the excercise I was searching for, the EVS competition and desease in the same time. Its getting normal staying here and you are loosing home kind of. Its always a good and a bad feeling, i think. But I will probably manage it, I got to know soo many people, well; just mates, but still. they can become best mates, maybe.
(By the way, I noticed that our relationsships are through facebook even more superficial. You add someone and you are friends with. And then you forget about. But you are friends! Isnt it strange?)

Wednesday:

That was yesterday and since then I am feeling so much better. Maybe because of the huuuge rain over here. So nice. Could have watched it the whole night long :-D

Okay I think thats toooo much now, so I am just saying Salut! Tot Straks!



Groetjes aan Amanda (zij verjaart vandaag!!! sweet 19) and Bram and Fons and Marie-Rose and Arko and my nice big italian family. See u soon.
And Jana, i miss you and training!!!! I am thinking about going home for our show :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment