Saturday, September 12, 2009

candy

Hey everyone, or better: cheers!
First night out, trying to socialize :-) So, Amanda and me went to Genk to taste the belgian beer. And, voila, we found a nice irish pub [After a weird meeting with a flemish ATM/ cash machine]. Cocktails just 3€, good music, a lot to talk. And we learned again something: the belgian beer may be served on 0.25l bottles, but the shots are totally full-grown. Which means: 5 cl of Jäger. Wow, respect!

Because our aim - socializing and talking to some belgians - was about to fail, we decided to go to the "Belgiek". Damn crowded, music way to loud and so exactly our taste of a good friday-out-pub. We went in, and, voila: it is pretty easy to get to know people. And the drinks for free :-P Since the last person in the pub knew we where foreigners and therefore interesting, the evening was pretty fun. Koen poured me a "Duvel", which means "Devil", a pretty strong beer which tastes damn good. BUT: It is pretty annoýing if about everybody in this bar is worried about your health: "Hey, German, you know this is pretty strong beer?" - Yes, I know, thanks a lot. After half a glass I gave up and decided to drink coke :-)

So, all in all, the Belgiek was fun and, on top of that, some nice persons carried us home. Thanks, guys! I am sure, Amanda wouldn`t have found the way home :-) ha, kidding.

We arrived in the hotel, sooo tired... but Amanda turned a movie on, just to fall asleep. But the movie was so impressive, so moving, I really needed to watch it til the end. In my sleepingbag on the floor. Hey, it wasn`t uncomfortable. I was surprised, but my back is still the same as it was before.

So, the film: watch out, everyone, this movie is an obligation: "Candy" with Heath Leadger [mhh :-( ] about the strong love and shit life of two junkies. At the end I was wondering: If you let your true love go, isn`t this the best proof for the strength of it?
I think so. I swear, this movie sweeped me off my feet.

Unfortenately, the alarm was too early. I went to the bus station [attention now!] at 12.30h to take the bus to Genk Station. I ended up in Heusden-Zolder at 15.00h. The time this 15 km (!!!) trip took me made me missing my car. Three hours! Thats almost Barcelona.
But the good thing was - because I thought I was on the wrong bus I got out too early [totally me, i know.] - I found a very nice shop here in Heusden which sells everything you don`t really need. So I bought a white umbrella with roses. Mph. That prepared me for the half-hour-walk home. So, Heusden-Zolder is very big actually.

Home again, I called my little sis: Happy Birthday, babe! and, yes, I have to admit, I was a little homesick. Yes Yes Yes I know I coulnd`t believe it also.

And now I am waiting for the next things to happen. [After an exellent dinner I have to say.] Mhhh please couldn`t a car fall from heaven so I could go and DO something? :-D Or a train which carries me to Brussels, where like everyone ELSE is. Well, next weekend.

...

xoxo to Saskia. Don´t desperate. Everything is ending up good. Miriam and all my wonderful, big italian family :-) xxx to Dorien. I miss you, but you know, ay?

Salut...

No comments:

Post a Comment