Friday, February 12, 2010

i'm on a BOAT

hello everyone

so grey outside - but still - weekend!
i will go on an oxfam weekend with a bunch of dread-locked vegetarian save-the-whales people on a BOAT :-)
haha no kidding, I am sure it will be pretty nice - and i will probably just be talking netherlands for the whole weekend (in case I understand the participants cause its not that if you are able to speak nederlands that you understand the people from AntwArpAn or HHHent ;-)

But besides my worries to get on a boat with heaps of pretty radical people (I really can't stand narrow-minded people, even though they might be right - my mom says we gotta be tolerant!!!) I am really looking forward to this because this is the sort of things we desperately need, isn't it? Information, information, information and a little helping hand for changing something. The weekend will be over fairtrade and the economical futute of it, about climate change and the stock market, international negociations and the impact of NGO's. Sounds interesting, hé? (Haha I am such a nerd - the only thing which keeps me from being a nerd is that I think it's a pity that this weekend is stealing my valentine and my carneval! - Well, I am single anyway, but carneval? A whole town wasted... It's worth a glimpse by the way ;-))

So, just gotta pack my stuff (said easier than it is done, cause we have to pack so much - it's supposed to be cold and dodgy... but I just need some basic stuff like a heardryer, another pair of shoes, my bodylotion, another pair of jeans... ?! AND i bet there are people who just carry those tiny backpacks and have everything they need. I am jealous, me materialistic yes-I-need-this-all :-D) ButI mean, without a hairdryer I am probably DYING on a BOAT with the chance of a broken heater... (my mentor warned me ;-)) I mean, we're not in Australia for a nice and warm work and travel experience... it's more like - 71°noord haha

Sooo... it's eleven thirty now, I should work a little :-)

See you soon - have a nice valentine :-) ....
sara

ps. I hope their are no couples - a BOAT is pretty small ay? :-D Fairtrade love lala

No comments:

Post a Comment