Tuesday, February 23, 2010

big girls don't cry

Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing well.

Since every one is asking how long I am still staying and the time is running faster and faster I am becoming a little sad that this adventure is about to end.
Of course, I am looking forward to see my familiy again, our baby-dog which is probably not a baby anymore, my friends, just see how lifes going - because I guess I missed a lot - from a lot of people I don't really know how they're doing.

I just wrote my evaluation with both a smile and a tear - because I can indeed just write things which are so good. And the evolution I made - I am not the same as before (and I was the one who didn't really agree with the words "mental change" which was said in the project description.)

I have the feeling that I am saying "good bye" a lot - but still, i am not really comprehending it.
I had a life here, a new one, which is hard to let go.
But this is also a part of EVS: learn to let go.

A special friend of mine, Amanda, once said: EVS is like a ball which is full of nice experiences, it is kind of "out-of-reality". (I don't agree here - I think it's getting as real as your daily life - just better :-)) And while your EVS goes on, the ball is kind of rolling and absorbing more and more good memories, impulses, things you've learned.
But the most important thing I took from this idea was: The ball continues rolling even when your EVS ends. It's just another step, another part of the journey. I like that thought. Outside there is waiting so much for us to discover...

But I am still wondering how I will feel when I am going back. Strange in my own hometown? everyone is moved to study, some ppl still abroad. it will not be the same, but thats a good thing.

I will just let it happen, go without a plan - it will turn out good at the end. And if not, then it's simply not the end.

I will miss belgium - but it is good to miss things because a) that means that is has been there before and in the case of belgium it will probably stay a little (until the glaciers melt and belgium drowns haha kidding) and b) then you appreciate it more. it's like getting a letter of an old friend or smelling something which immediately brings you inanother situation back in time.

So long,
xoxo sara

No comments:

Post a Comment